About the fund
The Celebrating Age programme is jointly funded by Arts Council England and the Baring Foundation and supports the shared objectives of both organisations.
The programme will support cultural spaces and other organisations working collaboratively, in a partnership or as a consortium, to do one or more of the following:
Support arts and cultural spaces to be open, positive and welcoming places for older people
This could involve:
- empowering older people to help shape what’s on offer or lead quality activities
- embedding proven approaches to engaging older people as visitors, audiences, or participants in creative processes (e.g. ambassadors or buddying schemes)
- testing and applying new ways to engage older people
- commissioning older artists or art that has particular relevance for older people
- showcasing or curating and celebrating art created by and with older people
Taking arts and culture into places where older people will find it easier to engage
This could involve:
- residential care settings or sheltered accommodation
- social and community settings (e.g. luncheon clubs)
Applicants must be working in partnership in a consortium with one lead organisation. To be eligible to apply, the lead applicant needs to be Arts Council funded, or have presented work to the public through one of our programmes. More information can be found in the Guidance for Applicants.
The online Expression of Interest form will open on Grantium at 12pm (midday) on Thursday 13 July 2017.
Expressions of Interest must be submitted by 12pm (midday) on Thursday 31 August 2017.
We will inform you by 19 September 2017 whether or not you have been invited to make an application.
The online application form will open on Grantium at 12pm (midday) on Thursday 21 September 2017.
Applications must be submitted by 12pm (midday) on Thursday 16 November 2017.
We will aim to notify applicants of our decision no later than 21 March 2018.