The Weston Charity Awards were created by the Garfield Weston Foundation to celebrate and support great front-line charities working in the fields of Youth, Welfare and Community.
The Awards were initially launched in the North East of England in 2014, were subsequently extended across the whole of the North of England in 2015 and in 2016 were expanded even further to include the Midlands. In 2018, in addition to those regions, we are bringing the Awards to Wales.
The Awards help charities to plan for sustainability, development and growth through a year-long programme. Our Award holders finish the process stronger, more effective and fit for the future.
We aim to select 20 winners this year and they will receive a fantastic package of benefits:
- A fully funded year working with Pilotlight – an organisation that facilitates experienced and senior business leaders to mentor charities to help them develop and to face the future with confidence.
- Revenue funding of £6,500 to support the charity to make the most of the Pilotlight experience and to cover travel expenses to meet with your business mentors in London.
- Access to the advice and support of the Garfield Weston Foundation and Pilotlight for any specific needs or issues your charity might have.
- A registered charity number
- Be working in the fields of Welfare, Youth or Community
- At least one paid full-time member of staff in a leadership position
- Income less than £5 million
- Provide direct services to beneficiaries
- Majority of activity or beneficiaries are in the Midlands or North of England or Wales. For a full list of areas eligible click here.
Winners will be selected based on their willingness to benefit from the Pilotlight process, so please read the guidance notes to ensure your application is relevant to the type of Award on offer.
If you believe that your organisation is eligible to apply, please read our guidelinesthoroughly and read the Process page that outlines what you need to do.
Organisations who have applied previously are eligible to apply again, but only if there have been significant changes.
If your organisation would benefit from the support of the Weston Charity Awards but doesn’t quite meet the criteria, please contact Georges Lebreton at Pilotlight on 020 7283 7022 or [email protected] about their other programmes.